AdWords
5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can a China Credit Card be used for a UK company's adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're a company in UK but we only own china credit card (Visa, Bank of China), I tried to sign up but it says the card type cannot be accepted.

The card is valid without any problems can be used for other online payments like godaddy or hosts.

Can a CN Credit Card be used for UK adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jude,

You can use this interactive web form to review all payments for a country, including China. Please note that very specific credit cards from specific banks must be used with certain countries. These will be quite different from web hosts, GoDaddy, etc.. 

You should also review this payment options tool.

Further, there can be additional issues when being located in one country and paying with a source from another. Typically, a UK based company that operates international accounts (like in China) with AdWords would still pay with a UK payment 

source. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jude,

You can use this interactive web form to review all payments for a country, including China. Please note that very specific credit cards from specific banks must be used with certain countries. These will be quite different from web hosts, GoDaddy, etc.. 

You should also review this payment options tool.

Further, there can be additional issues when being located in one country and paying with a source from another. Typically, a UK based company that operates international accounts (like in China) with AdWords would still pay with a UK payment 

source. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Can a China Credit Card be used for a UK company's adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your notice James.

The Credit Card is from one of top4 biggest china bank---Bank of China. We
use it quite often for online payment in many countries.

So the problem may be, locating in one country but payment source from the
other country's credit card, right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jude,

You are welcome. 

It could be a problem, but it may not be either, too. It depends on how the system see the action. Google is all for being International and encourages that, however their automated system does look at the account settings and matches them to actions like credit card payments, billing addresses, etc. Sometimes it can falsely flag an account being operated from UK and paying via China. It also matters whether the account is new or if you have history with AdWords (account actions for them to understand you). And it matters if your Google account is new, is tied to other AdWords accounts that have or have not had problems before. And lots of factors, really.  

As an agency, it is normal to have a AdWords Manager Account set up with many individual AdWords client accounts... and to have them each to be paid by the client. And those clients could be located anywhere and different from the actual location of the agency managing everything.

You could contact support and have them look at your account with you and advise further. Open your AdWords account, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown. You can also click on Help (same location) and use another method to interact with support. 

Kind Regards,

James