AdWords
4.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can I start campaign with broad match modifier with Exact Match Types?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I make an adgroup with Broad Match Modifier and take exact match keywords as negatives?

Or Phrase match types -Exact match types strategy will work better?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit K
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,

Yes, you can start with Broad Match Modifier and take Exact Mach Keywords as negative.

Exact Mach Keywords is always better if you have a very limited budget. So, you can only pick those keywords which you would like to target. But if you have a good amount of budget, I will suggest, use both Broad Match Modifier and Phrase match keywords. You can start with 15-20 keywords. But be sure to add negative keywords first as this will help you to exclusion of irrelevant traffic, reduction of the average cost per Click (Av. CPC) and, consequentially, improvement of the ROI and improvement of the overall click-through rate (CTR) of the account, which will have a long-term positive impact on the keyword Quality Score (QS). 

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Aslam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit K
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,

Yes, you can start with Broad Match Modifier and take Exact Mach Keywords as negative.

Exact Mach Keywords is always better if you have a very limited budget. So, you can only pick those keywords which you would like to target. But if you have a good amount of budget, I will suggest, use both Broad Match Modifier and Phrase match keywords. You can start with 15-20 keywords. But be sure to add negative keywords first as this will help you to exclusion of irrelevant traffic, reduction of the average cost per Click (Av. CPC) and, consequentially, improvement of the ROI and improvement of the overall click-through rate (CTR) of the account, which will have a long-term positive impact on the keyword Quality Score (QS). 

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Aslam