AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can I remove myself from an adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I´ve been invited to share an adwords account and I accepted it, can i leave it now?

I have Standard Access level in some of them and Administrative in others.

Thanks and sorry about my english.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo C
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Pablo C

You can remove yourself from the ones you have administrative access. I'd just make sure that someone else  has administrative access before you do. 

For the standard access accounts, you do not have the permission necessary to remove yourself. Only the person or persons with administrative access can do this.

Info on how one with administrative access can do this can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372672

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo C
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Pablo C

You can remove yourself from the ones you have administrative access. I'd just make sure that someone else  has administrative access before you do. 

For the standard access accounts, you do not have the permission necessary to remove yourself. Only the person or persons with administrative access can do this.

Info on how one with administrative access can do this can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372672

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is weird, why would Google stop you from removing yourself from an account which you haven't set up and which has other admins? Surely I should have the choice if I don't want to be part of an account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One way is to add another google account user as the administrator.

Then use that account to remove the association between your google account and adwords.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.