AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can I not set budget for a campaign?

[ Edited ]
Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I want to test how much some of my campaigns can spend when no budget is assigned to them. Can I set a budget for my whole account and do not set budget for some of the campaigns I want to test? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You can't have an account budget but you can have shared budgets between campaigns.

If you assign the same shared budget to all campaigns, it's like having an account level budged. but be carefull. Some campaigns may spend much more, leaving the rest starving for budget.

He is how you can set up a shared budget: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You can't have an account budget but you can have shared budgets between campaigns.

If you assign the same shared budget to all campaigns, it's like having an account level budged. but be carefull. Some campaigns may spend much more, leaving the rest starving for budget.

He is how you can set up a shared budget: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

To assign a single budget for the whole account or multiple campaigns, you need to assign the shared budget.

Shared library > budgets(view) > +budget > mention name and amount, edit- apply to campaigns(to select campaigns) > save.

Note: do not select the campaigns for which you want to set a separate budget.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

Thank you very much, this is pretty much what I wantedSmiley Happy

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable

Thank you for your very helpful advice Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭