AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Optimization

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was running a campaign with Broad Match and then good conversion there along with lots of junk calls. traffic. So I decided to opt for Broad Match Modifier with Exact Match. But what happed junk queries reduced but real conversion also decrease. 

So what strategy should i Opt? So conversion could increase.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amit K,

Did you copy and paste your keyword list entirely into broad match modifier and entirely into exact? Or did you change some into broad match modifier and the rest into exact? If it's the latter, it would explain why you'd see more of a decrease in real conversions.

If you've already gained a significant amount of historical data, I'd recommend looking into the search term report in detail. Identify which terms are likely generating junk traffic and then add them to your negative keyword list. Then sort the search term report by conversions and review which search terms are worth adding as keywords.

If you feel like you can get enough negative keywords together, it might be worth running with just broad match modifier for now while keeping a close eye on the search term report as data continues to come in. If you're budget doesn't allow for this though, just be sure to add as many converting keywords from the search term report and restrict the match type as you see fit.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Campaign Optimization

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @ScottyD

Yes, I copied the same keywords in Broad Match Modifier and Exact Match. Basically I had started with Triangulation Method wherein i put all the three Match Types but later I paused phrase match adgroup. 

Still I don't get much impressions, clicks and conversions. 
Earlier i had all replicate keywords but now i am using below structure. please help me out. 
Here is Sample 

Broad match modifier

Get Toll Free Number

Toll Free Number Provider

Toll Free Number Cost

Toll Free Number for Business

Cheapest toll free numbers Providers

Toll Free Providers india

Toll Free Numbers US

Exact 

Toll Free Number

Get a toll free number

toll free number providers

Toll Free Number service companies

cheap toll free numbers

toll free 

Because of general term if i use phrase i get junk traffic like ebay toll free number, google toll free number etc.