AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Call Only Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone help me out with this???

Imagine I have created 1 regular search network only campaign and I made bid adjustments on mobile as -100 because I don't want to show those ads on mobile devices.

And I have created 2nd campaign (Call Only Campaign) to target exclusively Mobile Devices so that I can get Calls. But if I use the same keywords in both campaign 1 and camping 2, will these get conflict internally???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Call Only Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A call only campaign will only ever show on mobile devices since the other devices cannot make a call. So by bidding -100% for mobiles on the first campaign, you will push all mobile traffic to the call only campaign and there will n¡be no leakage to tablets or desktops as they cannot run call only campaigns. so no worries.

you can find out more about call only campaigns here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7159344?hl=en

View solution in original post

Call Only Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @vardhan k,

Yes, there would be.

As the tablet device are also capable of making call and you are bidding on tablets in the 1st campaign as well.

So, the creative with better ad rank will trigger the ads from any of the campaign. Either ETA from 1st campaign or call only ad from 2nd campaign may get triggered.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Call Only Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Archit.

But is it a good practice to have 2 campaigns like that?

Or

Should I go with 1 camping with all devices (Desktop, Tablet and Mobile)
active, and add a call extension instead?

Thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Call Only Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A call only campaign will only ever show on mobile devices since the other devices cannot make a call. So by bidding -100% for mobiles on the first campaign, you will push all mobile traffic to the call only campaign and there will n¡be no leakage to tablets or desktops as they cannot run call only campaigns. so no worries.

you can find out more about call only campaigns here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7159344?hl=en

Re: Call Only Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Stickleback.

Call Only Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vardhan:

I just started out running my call only campaign personally but when I was employed we use to take 1100 calls in between 8-9 people.

What I would suggest is to make two campaign one call only and other with call extension, as generally we see with call extension CTR rate increases and to see which campaign over all is giving better ROI.

For your question which already has been answered correctlyby experts call only would run on tablets and phone capable of making calls.

If you do not want to show add on mobile there are several ways one of you have mentioned your self which is correct. And the conflict they would create is better as Google would be displaying according to better Ad rank and more relevant keywords.