2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Call Only Ad and Text ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a search campaign with all features for Mobile and computers. And on same keywords i have created separate Call only ad campaign. So, in this case which campaign will be shown to mobile users because keywords are same? 
Will keywords compete with each other in this case.

Re: Call Only Ad and Text ad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Amit k,

The mobile & Call-Only campaigns could compete.

Here is what Google officially says about duplicate keywords.
"Avoid duplicate keywords across ad groups. Google shows only one ad per advertiser on a particular keyword, so there's no need to include duplicate keywords in different ad groups or campaigns. Identical keywords compete against each other, and the better-performing keyword triggers your ad."

So it applies to ad group as well as campaigns but why do you actually want duplicate keywords in your campaign?

If you're interested in finding out which account brings in the best mobile traffic, I personally suggest testing the two.

**If you have an idea of how many seconds a 'good call' is, you can also set up conversion tracking**

First Test:

Pause the Call-Only Campaign for a set time (ex. a week or a month, whatever you are comfortable with) & only run the Search campaign with all features for mobile and computers (Make sure you have the call extension added).

At the end of this test, go into your AdWords account > set the time frame to show only your test period > go to Dimensions > View: Call Details 

You can also add the 'phone calls' column at the campaign or adgroup level

Once you have this data you can do your second test:

Set the mobile bid adjustment to -100% in the Search Campaign for the same amount of time set for the previous test & only run the Call-Only campaign.

Both of these tests still allow for you text ads to show on computers; it just tests which call option brings you the most traffic.

If you wish, you can do a third test with both campaigns fully on and bringing in traffic. Once you have collected all your data and have found which time frame brought in the best leads, you can be more confident going forward!

I hope you have found this helpful,

Call Only Ad and Text ad

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

When you say "compete", what exactly do you mean by that? Many beginning advertisers are under the false impression that they can increase CPC's within their own account, by "competing" with themselves. That's not the way it works. Which ad is shown under what circumstances depends on campaign settings, targeting, and ad rank.

What is the goal you are trying to accomplish with your account structure?

Call Only Ad and Text ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Compete means here is internal competition among keywords. In simple words it is like which ads will be served to visitors when searching on mobile if both ads text and call only served on mobiles. 
The purpose is to get calls as well as leads via form fill up.

Call Only Ad and Text ad

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I can't help you captain. Smiley Happy

You have gotten some really bad advice from some really bad people.