AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

CTR and quality score problem

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Most of my keywords have a CTR of 3-6%. The expected CTR is displayed in each case as below average. I given google a few days. Most keywords have around 4-12 clicks. I have added manual max bid as I am paying really high premiums for my keywords with wrongfully low Quality scores. What can be done?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karim,

Something that might help... QS is not based on raw numbers, but performance relative to other advertisers bidding on the same keywords / topic. So if your competitors have a CTR of 10% for the same keywords, you will be shown as below average.

So the first step is to look at competitor's ads and see what is different/better about theirs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karim,

Something that might help... QS is not based on raw numbers, but performance relative to other advertisers bidding on the same keywords / topic. So if your competitors have a CTR of 10% for the same keywords, you will be shown as below average.

So the first step is to look at competitor's ads and see what is different/better about theirs.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Karim, 

Since how long have you been seeing lower CTR & lower quality score. It is not a good idea to raise your bid when you have a lower quality score. As you mentioned that it is the case with multiple keywords, try grouping the closely related keywords into adgroups with relevant ads and add negative keywords at adgroup level. 

Thanks,

Sakthi