AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Budget on Adword Non Profits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've just logged into my organisations AdWord account and paused 3 campaigns to focus mainly on 2 campaigns. Both campaigns put together total less than 280 USD per day which is under the AdWord limit for non profits. However, I then get the option to add more keywords to increase impressions. Basically, I want to know if the CPC and other costings listed under keywords such as "this will give you X impressions but could cost you $88" - does this affect or add to my daily budget so that I exceed it? If so is that a negative thing? Or is my total spend daily what is listed next to each live campaign?

And I can't be charged right (just panicking a bit)? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget on Adword Non Profits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I believe you can only exceed your budget by one click. For example, you have a budget of $10 per day and a CPC of $4. You receive 2 clicks which costs you $8.. Google sees that you still have budget remaining on your campaign and will still display yours ads.. you are then clicked again taking you to $12 and then you cannot receive anymore.

Hope this helps

- Stephen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay,

Thanks Stephen. So what then is the best way to maximise one campaign? Is it to balance the CPCs and what they may add up to and the budget for the campaign itself? For example, is it better for me to have say $150 on my campaign and leave the rest to get more clicks that week? As in does the CPC of the Ad detract from my allotted daily budget and therefore do I need to spend less on the campaign???

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again,

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but I think you are wondering what is the best way to spend your money and how the CPC adds up to your budget?

Google will do it best to show your ads as much as possible within your budget. My suggestion would be to go to your Campaign > Keywords > Column > Attributes > First Page Est.. here you can see what CPC is recommended to appear on the first page of Google. Then you need to think about how much you are willing to spend overall and set your budget. If your CPC is $1 and your daily budget for your campaign is $100 then you can have up to 100 clicks per day.

Don't worry about your CPCs on multiple keywords as Google will determine how your campaign can be spread out equally within your budget. If you want certain keywords to be focused on then raise the CPC of that specific keyword or even lower the CPC of keywords you aren't as focused on with manual bidding.

Here is an article from google about budget: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6312?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps

- Stephen

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

If it's a Google Ad Grants account, then definitely there is a monthly limit attached to it which means that daily budget limit also comes into picture. Even though you will be able to increase the budget because there is no difference in the regular AdWords account interface and a Google Grants account. But still the limit exists. See this screenshot for more details:-

Screenshot_1.png

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Hi -

The max CPC is $2. The max daily spend is $329. Stay within those limits and you will be fine.

For Daily Budgets, Google Grants limits you to $329, but you can set your budgets higher than that. For your top campaigns, go ahead and increase those daily budgets to whatever you want...$300 each or so. This will allow you to spend your budget fully throughout the day. But don't worry about over-spending because Google automatically controls that for you.