AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Blocked in Adwords because it's a Affiliate page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome
My websites has been suspended because "refer to a different page"
The problem is that the website participate in the affiliate programs and for understandable reasons, have just the link below the article. I recommend product and have one link in the bottom of article.
http://tojestokazja.pl/22/robot-odkurzacz-sensor-svc/

Does this mean that the affiliation is prohibited in AdWords?
Please help.
Thank you!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alexey C (Rising Star)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This site promotes medicinal products /medical devices which are not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marcino,

Great question. It's challenging to advertise on AdWords as an affiliate marketer.

Check out the section called "Insufficient original content" on this policy page: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

You can use the troubleshooter to compare your site to Google's policies, and see if you can make the example changes.

You can also check out this thread in the Advertiser Community: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/How-to-properly-do-affiliate-marketing-.... The thread is a couple of years old, but it will give you some good insight into Google's perspective on affiliate advertising.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was speaking on chat with AdWords consultant, and he said content is ok, but I broke rules, because my website have link to another website. So that is problem.
Is there any official opinion about affiliate pages?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Marcino,

As far as I know there is not an official Google policy that specifically addresses affiliate pages.

Google is most concerned about you providing original, relevant content to people visiting your page. If the sole purpose of the page is to get them to click your affiliate link as quickly as possible, you're not providing value to the visitor, and Google won't like your page.

If you are providing significant original value (e.g. reviews of the product, comparing multiple products, detailed information about the product, etc.) there's a good chance that you can use an affiliate link in that context and be okay.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website was accepted for 3 weeks. But I added confidentiality clause in the sale of supplements on all posts. Then I got blocked for "not original content" 
So I speaked with consultant and he said, he understand that confidentiality clause is not a duplicate content, but there is problem with affiliate links on all pages.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alexey C (Rising Star)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This site promotes medicinal products /medical devices which are not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please don't give out another invented reasons. Suplements are not medicinal products and they are allowed in Europe. Problem is a link. One stupid link, becasue someone typed an incorrect sentence to the adwords rules.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Marcino,

I was once a super-affiliate using PPC. Now I work for someone else. Affiliate marketing using AdWords is now too difficult. Google's rules don't explicitly say you can't be an affiliate, but the purpose of you site cannot be to send visitors somewhere else.

Google wants to avoid the possibility there being multiple ads for the same product from the same vendor at the same price - this is a bad user experience for the searcher.

Even if AdWords did allow your site, you are essentially an affiliate of an affiliate (the business model of price comparison sites) and I doubt your commissions could cover the click costs.