AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Decimal Character changed from Period to Comma then back to Period

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last saturday morning I changed all my keyword bids doing it at keyword level from $1.50 to $.60 and left my campaigns running as I usually do, Sunday morning I logged in only to see that I had spent 3.5x the amount I usually do, after checking my account I found out I had a bid of $60 instead of $.60 I tried to change it to $.60 and the system didn't allowed me. I tried at least 10 times. Then I tried comma instead of period and it worked.  I was not smart to take a video or screenshot of what had happened, it was clear that this was the issue that made my bids change to $60 instead to $.60. I thought Adwords engineers had just decided to make the decimal character a comma instead of period as it is in European currencies so I didn't thought about making a video or pictures of the situation. Today when I logged in and changed bids again the period works fine but the comma doesn't so it is clear to me at this stage that the engineers at adwords messed around with the bidding system during the weekend. I applied for a refund and the support team is "analyzing" the situation. Is there anyone around that had the same problem?

Regards,

Daniel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Bidding Decimal Character changed from Period to Comma then back to Period

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure what  happened there but a "period" (dot) is a period and decimal point uses a period. I meticulously follow the practice of using a "0"  (zero) before the decimal point to avoid this type of error. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’