AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Bid Strategy cannot be changed from auto to manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
as I was creating a campaign on Adwords account, I cannot choose manual bidding strategy. There comes no option for that and the "Automated:maximize clicks" is selected by default. Also, after giving KWs, there was a section which showed estimated clicks as per my budget, but this is also not showing up for my account.

What could be the reason behind this?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Did you applied bidding strategy for Adgroups? Can you please share the warning you see under settings when changing bidding strategy?

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Neha for replying here.

Actually, I didn't apply anything specifically. It is an all new account under a MCC. So, the process was, I created campaign on my new account, followed the regular steps as they appear and in bid strategy section, there is only automated bids:maximize for clicks option available in the dropdown. So, went ahead with that giving the other required parameters (max cpc, budget, etc) and on the next step when I wrote the adcopy and gave my KWs, now the traffic estimator is nowhere to be found.

Multiple times, I went into the account to check the settings, but no way I was able to change anything from campaign level, ad group level and so on. And it happened to my all the accounts in the MCC.

Now the latest funny thing that happened, when I went to create a 2nd campaign on an account of those three, now this campaign have the MANUAL BIDDING strategy on and no AUTO OPTION is there this time! This is complete weird! Now I get the traffic estimator as well!

The Error message:

1. When I tried to change bid strategy at KW level, it says -- "To use this bid strategy, change the strategy currently applied to your campaign".

2. When I tried to change bid strategy at Adgroups level, it says -- "To use this bid strategy, change the strategy currently applied to your campaign".
3. When I tried to change bid strategy at Campaign level, it takes to settings area, I try to change the bid type, again it shows that dropdown with "Automated: Maimize Clicks" only and nowhere the manual bid strategy!

What can I do in this situation?