2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Authorising AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got a new laptop and have had to reinstall AdWords Editor. Now I am unable to add an account.

The first option "Open browser to sign in" brings me to a page where I have to approve access to AdWords - when I approve access another page begins to load with a loading circle and a "one moment please..." message.  This page does not load past this screen and just get stuck. Within the AdWords Editor program an iframe pops up asking me to "Sign in and grant access to AdWords Editor in your browser, then paste the authentication code here" - I have absolutely no idea where to find this authentication code and I can't seem to find any directions to completing this action.

Through the other option "Use in-app browser to sign in", I am prompted to sign in. After following these steps the end result is again the screen with the "one moment please..." loading message.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? It was not this complicated to set up the first time I did it!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author David C

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

What you're explaining is the typical process you would take. The only think I can think to try is checking to make sure you're browser is not potentially causing some issues in the auth process.

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the advice - after disabling all of my extensions, a code finally appeared in my browser! Frustrating it was such a simple issue. Thanks for your help.