AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Are law firms not allowed to do remarketing anymore?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was told by AdWords' support team that law firms aren't allowed to do remarketing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

A lot of legal services are prohibited under Google policy for remarketing, per link below.  I ran into that a month ago and spoke to Google about it. 

Google doesn't allow remarketing for services which might embarrass someone if there computer screen was seen by others later. 

Here's a Google article about the type of services restricted:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

My client impacted is a criminal defense attorney.  It is possible that there are other types of attorneys where remarketing is allowed. I recommend you contact Google support to be certain.

They fairly recently tightened that up. 

hth!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Remarketing by law firms might reveal / imply  personal financial or legal history, hence - not allowed.

This falls under personal hardship

>>"We understand that users don’t want to see ads that exploit their personal struggles, difficulties, and hardships, so we don’t allow personalized advertising based on these hardships. Such personal hardships include health conditions, treatments, procedures, personal failings, struggles, or traumatic personal experiences. You also can’t impose negativity on the user."

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account manager led me through setting up remarketing lists in early May. Two of four just got disabled. He told me to call Google support and I was told they are not allowed for the reasons already given. Hopefully all of Google will learn about Google policies soon. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’