AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Approved (limited) Policies: Unknown policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started an ad campaign for my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmr3lJZMDMY but I get a weird message on the policy details of Google Adwords "Approved (limited) Policies: Unknown policy". 

This is what Google says about the problem "A status given to ads that comply with our policies but are limited in where and when they can show. An ad will be marked "Approved (limited)" when AdWords policies (common examples include Alcohol, Copyrights, Gambling, Healthcare, and Trademarks) prevent certain types of ads from showing in certain regions, to certain ages, or on certain devices. Ads won’t show on mobile devices if the destination performs poorly on mobile devices."

My video does not violate any of those things, but I still got the Approved )limited) status. Any ideas why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to barge. Don't have the answer but I just got the same issue. If it was a song rights issue it would have been rejected upon upload right? I looked on every single frame and didn't find anything except a small part of the logo of the kitchen mixer (it's a recipe video). I would suggest to scrutinize every single frame and then call Google. that's what I'm thinking of doing. If you come up with a solution please post.

thanks

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Uptick i

I made a post reporting about this the other day. It's just part of the new approval process and simply means that it has been programmatically reviewed, but it is still waiting for a human review.   It will change once that human review happens.   It will either change to Approved, or give you a specific reason as to why you are Limited.  I don't think you are going to have a problem with this one.   

You can read my report post here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-for-Video/Approved-Limited-Unknown-Policy-is-part-...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great,

I just noticed that my ads were approved, so everything ok.

Good to know, thanks for the update