4.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Apply label filter to Account level location extension (linked from GMB) issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am trying to apply a label filter to Account level location extension to narrow down a small list of location extensions for a particular account. However the filter doesn't seem to work (at least the way I thought it should work). I am trying on the UI now before implementing this with the API, but I keep getting this message clicking on the Done button " None of your locations match this filter. Check your location data in Google My Business and consider refining your filter before saving". I would get the issue using Business Name filter. I understand that it would take a while for Adword to sync with GMB, I only tried with the filter that was synced successfully (by looking at Business data->Google My Business locations)
Please let me know if I am missing anything here - or is it even possible to apply filter at Account level location extension?
Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Apply label filter to Account level location extension (linked from GMB) issue

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Han V,

How long has it been since GMB was linked to AdWords?

Did you notice the filter criteria? Its an "IS" criteria as opposed to contains/does not contains. SO it would work only if you type the exact business name/category/label.

Filters will only work if you've entered information that exactly matches the category you've chosen. For example, if you enter a restriction for the business name "Bob's Barbecue," you won't filter out businesses with the name "Bob's Texas Barbecue." More info here.

Also, you'll have to apply labels to business locations from GMB to be able to filter them here in AdWords.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar