AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Android notifications of newly added devices

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello everyone. Hope all is well and your revenue is multiplying like fractions.

As frequent readers of my posts will know, two factor authentication is one of the ways we encourage users to protect their accounts. An equally important component in keeping users secure is informing them of what’s happening with their accounts in real-time. As such, I’m pleased to share a new feature we’ve released, which notifies Android users of security incidents on their account - Android notifications of newly added devices.

With this feature, when users add a new device to their account, they’ll get an Android notification informing the user about it.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 11.45.32 AM.png

If the activity looks suspicious and isn’t a device or location that the user (or other authorised parties) know about, they can choose to ‘Review Account Activity’ and find out what device was added, from what location, and other important information. If the activity is expected, the user can dismiss it as legit.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 11.47.15 AM.png

As I mentioned in my ‘Google’s new option for 2FA post’, we are always investing in the most convenient ways to help users keep their Google accounts secure. The new Android notification feature increases the transparency to the user of actions on their account and allows them to flag any suspicious activity.

This feature is being gradually rolled out and should be available widely to all Android users in due course.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Android notifications of newly added devices

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Great job, Google. And thanks for bringing it to our attention, Elijah ... Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Elijah L Not sure if you recall but you converted me to 2FA at our TC summit last year (2015).  Many thanks for that and this great update.  

Everyone should be taking advantage of additional security, especially for Google accounts. 

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

@Lakatos My pleasure. Thanks for reading! :-)

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

@PPCBossman Ha Ha! I do remember. Thanks for sharing the picture again and reminding me of the good times :-D