AdWords
636 members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

An Ad is still showing in search results, but I can't find it in any of my campaigns.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 7.29.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-18 at 7.29.39 PM.pngWhen I search for "Tulip Retail", an ad comes up: Tulip Retail Toronto ...

But when I search in my campaigns, I can't find a single ad that meets that. I'm trying to figure out why it's still displaying. Need to remove it.

1 Expert replyverified_user

An Ad is still showing in search results, but I can't find it in any of my campaigns.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have any ads configured using "Dynamic Keyword Insertion" with the brackets { } ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

This is possible if you are using DSA Ads to promote your content on Google Adwords. Please check if any of your campaigns are using DSA.

More info on DSA is available at: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Anne-Marie G,

It looks like you are showing a Ad Preview screenshot of your ad... and a filtered report for the term Toronto. 

Can you tell us what happens when you run a report with the term Tulip Retail or Tupil Retail Toronto?

Kind Regards,

James

Re: An Ad is still showing in search results, but I can't find it in any of my campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve. It looks like I did have a number of Dynamic Ads running. I then couldn't find a way to edit them so I've paused for now (attached image). 

When I do a number of searches for those terms, looks like our other ads are now popping up. I would like to confirm, but not sure how.

I also followed the other suggestion to run report to find terms Tulip Retail Toronto. nothing came up.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 4.34.34 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My reply is below ... full reply editor made a new post Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Anne-Marie, it looks like you are on the right track to resolving your issue having discovered that it relates to configuration of Dynamic Ads (DSA). There are others here who are more qualified to give you advice as to next steps. 

Best of luck with your project!

Re: An Ad is still showing in search results, but I can't find it in any of my campaigns.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Anne-Marie G,

That is great news. 

Now that you know DSA is the culprit, yet you are having some trouble still... I would recommend spending some time learning more about how DSA works and also more about targeting & DSA. DSA are more complex and do require more thought and analysis to perfect. 

You can save time by editing bids for multiple Dynamic Search Ads at once. Here's how:

1. Go to the "Campaigns" tab.
  2. Click the Ads sub-tab.
  3. Select the checkbox next to any of the ads you want to modify.
  4. From the "Edit" menu, select Change text ads....
  5. In the dialog box that appears, make any changes that you would like to apply across all the ads you selected. You can also create a new set of duplicate ads that contain your changes – instead of changing your existing ads – by checking the box next to "Duplicate selected text ads and set text in duplicates."
  6. When finished, click Make changes.

You can also put AdWords Editor to work, which you may find to be easier to work DSA.

Have you run an Ad report? Click on Reports in the top menu, then click Pre-defined/Basic/Ad. Be sure to change your data range to include plenty of time. 

And you could use the Dimensions tab to learn more. Click All Campaigns (left hand column), then click on the Dimensions tab, and then look at the View Day (drop down tab/menu) and change accordingly. You can also click on a specific campaign and see only it with Dimensions.  

Please take some time to dig into the information and then let us know how we can help further. There are many here, such as Steve, that are here when you need us. 

Kind Regards,

James