5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Adwords suspends client account - Extremely disappointed in Adwords customer service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been a campaign manager full-time for four years. Aside from some minor disagreements, I have always worked well with the Adwords platform and support team. However today this changed. I feel I need to write this down to get it off my chest, but maybe also someone might have some useful tips for me.

So what happened?

A new client of mine started advertising a few weeks ago. Today, out of nowhere, I get the message in Adwords saying "Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

There was no warning

There was no contact via e-mail of telephone about possible issues

As far as I know, nothing malicious was happening. The store, selling their own brand of handbags, also was working correctly. 

I start a chat in Adwords. The agent tells me she can't tell me what the reason for suspension is and sends me a link to a URL that lists several possible reasons.

So friday I uploaded a HTML5 banner set. I then check if there is something wrong with the banners. There's one banner that can't be clicked, which is against policy. I delete all banners and fill in the form to review the suspended account. I thought this would be the end of it.

Then I get an e-mail, stating "We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension. Our support team will not be able to give you any more specifics on the suspension."

This is where I start to panic a bit. Also I'm getting frustrated. I call my account manager, who directs me to the helpdesk. She can't tell me what's wrong or what to do. I start another chat in the account. The agent tells me "I can't tell you what's wrong" and "there's no one who can help you further".

So I'm stuck. My client, who has not done anything wrong, now can't use the platform. I, who has been working with Adwords for 8 years, of which 4 years fulltime, am left on a dead end. No options to fix the problem. No one who can tell me the problem.

I'm extremely disappointed in the Adwords support system. I just can't grasp how a company can do this to their clients:

• straight up suspend an account
  • not give a reason
  • enact a definite suspension, after I try to fix the issue
  • not give a reason

I'm angry at this point. I feel mistreated. Also I have an upset client who invested time and money in their advertising strategy, banners and consultation. They are left with a dead account and no options to unsuspend as of now.

I have tweeted to Adwords in the hopes to get a third look at my case. I've had e-mail contact, sharing my case, but haven't gotten a response yet to the issues or possible options.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Anyone who can help me get the account back online?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords suspends client account - Extremely disappointed in Adwords customer service

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Edwin Dijkstra

Ouch.... This  is indeed frustrating....

Let's start with the bad news: repeated violations or a major violation is one of the severe misconducts listed on the Policy. The success of reinstating accounts  suspended due to this violation are not great...

As the support Reps correctly pointed out, Google does not reveal the signals / metrics / actions which trigger a suspension. (Imagine what would happen if  it were: it would allow black-hat techniques to bypass the system). But, here comes  the good news: usually we are pretty good identifying the  root cause of the suspension, and  if  it could  be reversed, we could advise. 

Note: In this case,  the suspension  was not because of the ads. (HTML5).  if  ads do not follow the Policy, they  are disapproved. Rarely an ad could cause a whole  account suspension. Hence, the issue is most likely with the site or webmaster tools techniques used.

Next step: please share the website URL.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Adwords suspends client account - Extremely disappointed in Adwords customer service

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Edwin,

Also, you will have received emails regarding suspensions, that detail the policies that were violated. 

And as Moshe says, it won't be because of your ads. It will be due to your website, your billing, or having more than one AdWords account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV @RobSkelton Thanks for your replies! 

The website is https://chalrose.com. Indeed there was an e-mail about the suspension, stating the reason as "abusing the network". I gather this excludes payment-issues as I've read a lot as the stated reason for suspending. 

Any ideas would be welcome!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Does your website show different content/language depending on the country or language of the visitor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobSkelton I don't believe it does. Testing with http://www.locabrowser.com/ I get the same language when I switch countries and use the same URL. Switching to English would change the URL of some menu-items. Do you think this might be the issue for the suspension?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

The details of that policy are here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en-AU

So that leaves multiple AdWords accounts or having malicious software on your site.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Interesting....

Let me submit a query on that to Google...

Please be patient, this could be a while.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV Did your query respond anything useful?

Experts in the Topic
RobSkelton
MosheTLV