AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords shows two conversions, but we didn't get any new customers that day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

On friday the 16th I set up conversion tracking by adding a Thank you-page on a website where you land if you sign up for a dance class. Today I saw that adwords has registrered two conversion on saturday. The thing is that we didn't get any sign up on saturday. And we only had one sign up on sunday. How is thos possible? I'm using Wix to create the website and I have hid the Thank you-page from search engines.

/Helena

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Possible sources of recorded conversions:

• Did you land on the page after setting up the code? Every time the thankyou page is served, it will fire the conversion code.

• Was the signup really on Sunday?  Is the campaign set to the same time zone as your local time?

There is some delay (lag) in reporting so it could be related to #2. 

It's likely just a startup glitch, something like above; going forward you should see conversions measured accurately.  If not, let us know and we'll try to be of assistance!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Thank you for answering.

No, I didn't land on the page after setting up the code. I investigated if the Thank you-page worked before setting up the code. After that I haven't visited it (to get to the page I and everyone else has to make a sign up for a dance class). 

You say that "Every time the thankyou page is served, it will fire the conversion code". But isn't the purpose with the conversion code that it will only register a conversion on adwords when a customer reach the page after have cklicked on an ad (up to 30 days after clicking the ad)? So conversions on adwords should only be registered when a customer reach the Thank you-page after clicking an ad. If a conversion is registered everytime someone reach the page, including when they haven't clicked on an ad, the registration looses it's purpose to see when the ads lead to conversions. 

Yes, the sign up was on sunday evening and the time zone in adwords is correct. 

Any more ideas?