AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords on my corporate email id

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created my own account using the corporate id and I am stuck mid way coz I am not adding any billing info. Then someone gave me access to the corporate adwords dashboard on the same account. It says the account already exists. What can I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Adwords on my corporate email id

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Srishti, how are things?

All you have to do is to invite a second e-mail with admin level and exclude the access of your corporate e-mail through that second one.

Explanation: Every Adwords account so far needs to have at least one e-mail with admin level associated to it. Since your corporate email is attached to one let's say, an individual account, you won't be able to accept the invite to the corporate account.

By inviting a second email with admin privileges to your individual account, you'll be able to log into that account and exclude your corporate e-mail access, making your corporate e-mail free to accept the invite.

I advise to use two browsers or even incognito mode on Chrome for you to do this faster, so that you won't have to switch logins so often.

Curiosity Fact: Accounts created directly from a Manager Account does not need an e-mail since they're already associated to the Manager Account, but it's recommended to add an e-mail to it later Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Srishti, how are things?

All you have to do is to invite a second e-mail with admin level and exclude the access of your corporate e-mail through that second one.

Explanation: Every Adwords account so far needs to have at least one e-mail with admin level associated to it. Since your corporate email is attached to one let's say, an individual account, you won't be able to accept the invite to the corporate account.

By inviting a second email with admin privileges to your individual account, you'll be able to log into that account and exclude your corporate e-mail access, making your corporate e-mail free to accept the invite.

I advise to use two browsers or even incognito mode on Chrome for you to do this faster, so that you won't have to switch logins so often.

Curiosity Fact: Accounts created directly from a Manager Account does not need an e-mail since they're already associated to the Manager Account, but it's recommended to add an e-mail to it later Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

_

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey!

This is where I am stuck. I don't want to add billing information. Can you
help?

--
Thanks and regards,
Srishti Jain

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords doesn't give you the option to skip billing information anymore as far as I know. You'll need to insert some information in order to have full access to the account.

One thing you can do to make sure nothing will run is to insert very specific and long keywords inside brackets. Use keywords that you know no one on earth will search for it, something like

[my new flower 245 over my yellow car]

The brackets tells Adwords to only trigger your ad if the user query is exactly like your keyword, so since no one will search for this, you can input some billing information just to go over the next step and have access to the account.

Once inside the account, make sure to pause the campaign that Adwords creates for you before anything, just to make sure nothing will happen, and then you can do the rest.
_

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Srishti_J,

I do believe Google AdWords is getting more stringent with setting up "dummy" accounts, requiring a billing option be entered before continuing. However, you can enter a CC or other payment option and then pause the account to keep it from running and accruing ad spend.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick