AdWords
4.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords editor not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I try to login to my Adwords Editor, a message pops in, it says that my account (email) doesn't exist. I've tried several times since last week, but it doesn't work. It's weird because I do have access to the MCC.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreina R
August 2016

Re: Adwords editor not working

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 16
Google Employee

Two-step verification is not usually a problem. Plenty of accounts have it, and work fine with Editor.

We aren't really sure how this secondary account came to be, or how to unlink it. By giving you all the details, I kind of hoped that perhaps you might have some idea what's going on. Personally, I can't see any details of your Google account setup (access to such data is limited and tightly controlled, for obvious reasons). I don't work in auth, and don't really understand its intricacies. People who do and do are looking into the issue, but I don't have any ETA.

I'm sorry I don't have any better news for you.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
If you're using the email in your forum profile, the message is expected, as the email is not linked to an AdWords customer. While there are plenty of logins with the domain of your email, there are none with your specific address.

Once you accept invitation from Admin in your hierarchy, you should be able to sign in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the email that I use is ral@whitehsharkmedia.com and I have the same problem with this other email cva@whitesharkmedia.com

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
How are you authenticating, by choosing "Open browser to sign in" or "Use in-app browser to sign in"?

If from browser, you need to be signed in (in the browser) as either of those users, who based on their Google account identity are not you. If using in-app browser, you need to specify their password.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
open browser to sign in, and then the browser give me a code, and I copy and paste that code in the AdWords editor and then appears a message pops in, it says that my account doesn't exist, is only happen with that 2 email address because I have another account and work perfectly I don't know what to do, I try everything that you said in the past message.

Is there anything else I can do?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
If you're getting the auth code from the browser, and you are not signed in to the browser as either of the 2 accounts you mention, then the error is expected since the Google account the browser is signed in to is not associated with an AdWords customer.

If you are signed in to the browser with multiple accounts, then the code is likely coming from the account that is not AdWords.

Your choices are:
1. Use the in-app browser, which means knowing the password of the email you use.
2. Get someone in your hierarchy to invite you; after which you'll need to sign-in to AdWords to accept invitation.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
We can see the problem with ral@ in our server logs; it is being investigated.

There doesn't appear to have been any access from Editor for the user cva@ in the past 14 days, and it's somewhat difficult to access logs that go back further. It would help if you could try logging into Editor with this email again, so that we have a fresh record in the logs with details of the failure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok, I gonna do that, you need the ape_network_log? if you want I can copy and paste the information in here

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Just try to log in, to the point of failure; make sure you use cva@ email address. You don't need to send anything, I can dig everything I need out of the server-side logs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok. ready, try to log in about 5 minute ago