AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords editor - Change user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's my weird question of the day: Is there a way in Adwords editor to choose the user I want to publish from? I manage several accounts, for 1 of them I have access with 2 different logins, I can download in the same adwords editor accounts from different users/logins BUT when I want to publish I don't have the choice to choose which account I want to publish changes from. All changes are being published from 1 account by default but I need to change it to the other. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Editor should post under whichever login the account was added with most recently.

On Accounts Manager, click +Add and go through the usual motions of adding the account, even though you already have it added. Make sure to use the desired login. After you sign in, Editor will realize that the same account already exists (it goes by account ID), and won't actually re-download anything - but, I believe, it will update the login email associated with the account to the one you signed in with. Editor will then use this new login for all subsequent downloading and posting.

We don't expose this last-used login email in the UI, but it can be guessed at indirectly. On Accounts Manager, there's a Search Accounts box at the bottom. Login email is one of the fields this box searches on. So you could type the login email into this box: if the account is still shown in the list after that, then it is currently associated with that login; if it disappears from the list, then it is associated with some other login (and you can use the "add the same account again" trick to switch it to the "right" login).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I understand now how Editor uses the last login. However, the email search in the Account Manager doesn't work, I only see by email the accounts that are under an email but not the ones that are under an MCC and the email has access to that email... so it's not a perfect solution for me. Any other suggestion?

For now, I will download the account everytime from the right user before posting anything just to make sure.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I'm not sure I quite understand the scenario. Do you have an MCC parent with two logins, and you want to control which of these logins will be used for serving accounts under that MCC? Or do you have a serving account that you want to log into directly sometimes, and under MCC other times?

Editor actually stores up to two associated logins for each account: the direct login that signs straight into this account; and the login to an MCC account of which this account is a descendant. They are refreshed independently - when you go through +Add flow and sign into an account, this updates the direct login for this account and, if that account is an MCC, then also MCC logins of all its dependents.

When it comes time to download or post changes in an account, the most recently associated MCC login is used if present, otherwise the most recently associated direct login.

Search Accounts box only looks at associated direct login email, not the MCC login. However, if you check "Show MCC tree view" checkbox at the very bottom of Accounts Manager, then all children of the MCC are shown whenever their MCC manager account matches the search.

Bottom line, if you check "Show MCC tree view" checkbox, I think the behavior of "Search accounts" should match your expectations.