1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Adwords editor – Account does not exist

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It says the account doesn't exist, but i have the confirmation pin . When trying to sign in through google it gives an error message saying the account does not exist. Any help with this is greatly appreciated !

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dion E,

Is the Google account you are signed into with your web browser (and from the confirmation pin) the same as the AdWords account?

And do you know if you have a user account of in your profile? 

Please let us know so we can proceed with further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Assuming the account is for the email you posted with, the issue is that you haven't completed the sign-up process. Once you do, by logging into, you'll be able to access with Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I am having the same issue. We have 9 we will be managing  their adwords campaigns for, so I have 9 adwords logins with 9 Google accounts.

I set up the Adwords accoounts myself yesterday and went into each and stopped before creating a campaign.

To make my life easier, I have downloaded the editor and have now tried to add 1 of the accounts

I have tried using both the external browser option - which then provides me with a code to enter and the internal option which requires I enter an email and password.

Both cases result in a message saying the accounts do not exist.

This particular account (and most of the 9 - but not all), when I opened it, for some reason were created as Adwords express accounts. Might this be the reason?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

That account is showing up as "a draft account that hasn't completed the signup process". You'd need to sign into it at and complete said process. You need to proceed at least to the point where you are prompted to create your first campaign. Editor won't be able to see the account until you do. 

I don't believe Editor would be able to manage AdWords Express accounts. I'm not quite sure what would happen if you try; my guess is, it would look like an empty account with no campaigns.

There might be a way to upgrade your AdWords Express accounts to regular AdWords - see