AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords editor 11.2.3 for Mac 10.10.5 not working at all

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't login to adwords editor on my mac, it works fine on adwords.google.com

I have tried contacting support and there is no solution, they just tell me to reinstall adwords editor and try deleting my cache and i have done this multiple times but still doesn't work

anyone had this problem? let me know what you suggest 

thanksScreen Shot 2016-01-13 at 11.53.14.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords editor 11.2.3 for Mac 10.10.5 not working at all

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 11.53.14.pngIt just freezes and then the error message attached

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can't seem to attach my screenshot to this, it bascially just freezes for 5 minutes and times out "error time out"

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
The behavior you describe can occur in network environments that use an HTTP proxy.

What happens is that the auth code comes from the browser, which has been configured for a proxy, then pasted into Editor, which hasn't.

To configure Editor for a proxy see HTTP proxy under Preferences.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you, what settings should I put for the proxy? How to find it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you, what settings should I use for the proxy?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Proxy settings depend on your local network configuration. If on a company network, you'd check with the administrator. You can also check your browser settings to see if a proxy is used, but this may not give you the specific settings.

The fact that you're asking though signals that maybe this isn't a proxy issue.

Is this a first-use problem, or did Editor work previously?

Do you get your auth code from the browser, or do you use the embedded sign-in?

The bottom line though is that it's more likely than not an environmental issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your quick reply, I am in China, google is mainly blocked here, but I use a VPN and can access everything fine. Could this be the issue? Should I add some VPN settings to it? It is the same problem on all networks and also connecting through my phone connection. It has never been working correctly on this computer on mac operating system, but previously it was working because I had Windows on this computer but that has since been wiped. When I use app sign in it doesn't connect properly and there is a white screen as attached, so I have been trying by getting the auth code from browswer, which also doesn't work and times out.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Your location is almost certainly the problem. AdWords Editor connects to adwords.google.com, which is blocked according to https://en.greatfire.org/https/adwords.google.com. In your initial post you said adwords.google.com worked fine. Is that from your browser? If that's the case, then Editor isn't using the same network interface as the browser, and there's no way to fix this at the Editor level, although there may be things you can do with the VPN configuration, which once again brings us back to the environment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK thanks, how do I do this? I don't have any other problems connecting to anything here through VPN