AdWords
1.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords can't detect live websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I logged on to my account today I was notified about the extended text ad options. I went ahead and updated my 2 ads with an extra sentence. These ads been running for the past 3 years without any problems. Few hours later I was notified that my ads are disapproved due to "Destination not working". My website is been up the whole time. I am also using a third party monitoring service that confirms that the site has not been down! I resubmitted the ads for approval for the second time and few hours later got the same disapproval notice again. What is going on with Adwords? Looks like Adwords is having a major connectivity issue with detecting websites!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Your promotion is not running because your ad was disapproved. - Disapproval reason: Destination not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I encountered the same issue today after modifying an exiting ad that is been running for the last 3 years. I just added more text after being notified about the extended text ads. I am unable to get my ads approved for the same reason that the destination ad is not working. My website is 100% online, and I am also running a monitoring service that confirms that the website has never been down. Obviously something serious is going on with Adwords where they can't detect live websites! 

Your promotion is not running because your ad was disapproved. - Disapproval reason: Destination not

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Check with your host provider. It could that the servers were down for a while for maintenance. Resubmit the ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Also check this discussion about a similar Query;

Destination not working

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Frequent-Ad-disapprovals-quot-Destinati...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you read my entire message, I did mention that the site is been up the entire time and I am using a monitoring service to verify that. I resubmitted the ad 3 times without any luck...

I ended up contacting the support. There is something wrong with Adwords automated ad reviewing process... 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Destination not working means that the site is not accessible by the  Google bot. Currently there  is no known issue with Googl's bot crawling sites. So the issue is most likely with your host server.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not true according to Google support. Many other issues are labeled as "Destination not working". My site is been up 100% and I have a monitoring service to back the claim. Google bots are not perfect, there is a bug in their system.