AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspension

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How do advertiser (travel agencies for flight ticket booking) outside US do business? Do they need US credit/debit card? Does the IP of other country affect account suspension or is it permisible by google? If yes how and if not whats the alternative?

thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal Joseph
August 2016

Re: Adwords account suspension

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vishal Joseph,

You are very welcome. 

People who use AdWords often operate campaigns in many geo-locations (any that AdWords is legally allowed to be used). Some agencies operate from the U.K. and do business with U.S., India, Australia and others... all from the U.K.  

Now then, if I reside in the U.K, then I would set my account settings up with my U.K. billing address and any other local (U.K.) info and settings. I would pay from a U.K. payment source and Google would see that I have a U.K. IP address and everything would make sense. 

However, if I reside in the U.K. and try to set the AdWords account up as saying I am in the U.S., and try to use U.S. info and settings, it is not going to look correct to AdWords and it would appear to them that I was being dishonest, which is going to get my account flagged and most-likely suspended. Always be completely transparent and truthful with AdWords about what you are doing (all aspects) so they can understand you and provide proper care of your account. 

Take a look at this Google AdWords Help File reviewing targeting ads to geographic locations, such as another country. I think this will expand your understanding even more.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vishal Joseph,

AdWords accounts should be set up with the proper (local to you, the account operator) settings, including payment sources, time zones, country, etc.. You should not be setting up an account with U.S. info if you do not reside in the U.S. You should set the account up with your info... not where you wanting to run ads/target locations.

You should always be honest & straight forward with all information, 100%, or your account can/will be suspended. 

Kind Regards,

James    

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much for the reply. So If I have a non US card and I fill details accordingly but di business in US, thats okay and legal right?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal Joseph
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vishal Joseph,

You are very welcome. 

People who use AdWords often operate campaigns in many geo-locations (any that AdWords is legally allowed to be used). Some agencies operate from the U.K. and do business with U.S., India, Australia and others... all from the U.K.  

Now then, if I reside in the U.K, then I would set my account settings up with my U.K. billing address and any other local (U.K.) info and settings. I would pay from a U.K. payment source and Google would see that I have a U.K. IP address and everything would make sense. 

However, if I reside in the U.K. and try to set the AdWords account up as saying I am in the U.S., and try to use U.S. info and settings, it is not going to look correct to AdWords and it would appear to them that I was being dishonest, which is going to get my account flagged and most-likely suspended. Always be completely transparent and truthful with AdWords about what you are doing (all aspects) so they can understand you and provide proper care of your account. 

Take a look at this Google AdWords Help File reviewing targeting ads to geographic locations, such as another country. I think this will expand your understanding even more.

Kind Regards,

James