AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended for billing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I set up a campaign for a client. The campaign has a new never before used credit card address and phone number. The card is valid as we have confirmed with the bank. Yet we still get suspended for suspicious billing activity. 

Everything was legit we weren't violating any terms yet this happens only hours after setting up the account. So we set up a new domain, with a completely new card we had issued a new address and phone number and again the same thing. This is ongoing. I don't understand what the issue is. I have filled out every form and called every number i get nowhere, No explanation, No way to fix it Just nothing. Everyone tells me to fill out the same form and i get the same canned response. This is ridiculous. I have done nothing wrong and we are using proper information and no one wants to help. 

I fill out a request and this is what i get. Essentially nothing... 

Dear advertiser,

Thanks for your continued patience during this process. We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension.

Our support team will not be able to give you any more specifics on the suspension.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth

Does anyone know how i can resolve this issue. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

When this happens, something with your account is/was suspicious in some way. The system could have detected your IP address as not matching your country or your billing information and physical location does not match or your email address has been used in ways deemed suspicious or something in some way raised a flag and upon them trying to review the flag... they found an issue. It also could be the products, service, or company tied to the account. It could be the website and information and/or outbound links it contains. It could be malware on the website that makes it unsafe for AdWords to send visitors to it. Or the issue could be that the website you are using had been tied to a past issue or to someone (someone hired in the past) that operates in an unethical way with AdWords.

In essence, when a suspension is given, it is given to everything tied to it: website, name, email, billing address, physical address, company, payment methods, phone number... and more (which I cannot discuss). And when more accounts are created to attempt to circumvent the previous suspension, it only creates layers of issues that lead to a more complex and likely impossible situation to fix. It's like a long knot that has to be traced back to the first beginning to untangle it. 

With that said, there is no way for anyone here to know what it was. And there is nothing anyone here can do with billing or suspensions issues, ever. Google AdWords decisions absolutely supersede ours by miles... as this is a peer-to-peer public help community with no access whatsoever to personal accounts. Your email from them (posted above) is direct from Google AdWords and there is no one anywhere that is above that answer/reply/information. 

You can take all of this info, the information given by AdWords, and any actions taken by you or your team before the suspension happened... and play detective. You can review AdWords Polices and compare it to your website, account, etc.. Their reply states AdWords Polices as the reason, not your credit card. AdWords can issue lifetime bans so I would be cautious in any actions with this or any other Google products/services/accounts.

Al the Best,

James   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

once again all is new this is a new client has never has adwords before, the website is brand new built by me impossible for there to be any malware, client is in a service based industry i have gone over the terms the million times i have been referred to it i am not violating anything. the site is as basic as it gets name phone number contact form and services provided. the copy meets the guideline, no anti competitive language. It always starts out as a billing issue, when i appeal the billing issue they come back with that response. No one can ever give a straight answer. This is a legit business with everything that is legally required. this is honestly just bull. I would go elsewhere but theres nowhere else to go yahoo/bing done even compare. and most of the business is generated from a direct search during an emergency situation. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So yeah thanks again for the useless canned response. Seems to be the go to with these clowns. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Angel,

You are welcome. Since we do not have access to your account, we are left being useless clowns, I guess. 

Let's see... you did not state anything about reading AdWords policy and you did not provide a website for any of us to review, so the reply was given based off of the information you provided. It was not a joke, it was not a canned response... it was someone (me) taking time to reply to your request. 

There is no need in acting unprofessional to anyone here and we certainly will not assist further if it is your desire to do so.

Regards,

James