AdWords
5.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor not Posting, stuck in 0%, occasionally gets closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone! I have a posting issue with Adwords Editor.

I have been trying to post changes on my campaigns for the past 4 days. Adwords Editor gets stuck in 0% for hours:

ddddd.PNG

Occasionally, the app will just stop running:

ssssss.PNG

eeee.PNG

Other than the images above, I get no error messages.

It was working normally last week. Every other function seems to be working (very slowly and gets stuck occasionally). 

I am using adwords editor 11.8.0 and windows 10. Tried a suggestion on a post on checking locations but didn't work. Tried getting changes from live account to see if there were any unresolved changes that were preventing me from posting, but this didn't solve it either.

The account is very large and every time I force the app to close I have to wait 15-20 minutes. I'm unable to post half of my campaigns.

I don't know what else to try. I am considering completely removing adwords editor and reinstalling but I am afraid of losing all my unposted changes (hundreds of thousands of keywords and ads and weeks of work).

I contacted support 2 days ago, they suggested to clear cache and cookies (not sure how this would have to do with anything) and they reported the issue to their technical team. Followed up yesterday and they said my issue is being worked on, but provided no insights on what may be causing the issue.

I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi NY Mold

This is a tricky one. Can you open your performance monitor on windows 10 and see if your RAM is maxed out when trying to open or post the changes? 

What happens if you try to post the changes of just one of the campaigns or ad groups you've changed?

You may need to reinstall, but if you click on "account > Export > Export whole account" and export your changes, you'll at least be able to try import them again on a reinstall.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I always post one campaign at a time, I even tried one campaign with a single change in budget, still the same result.

The ram is not maxed when editor is performing a task but disk is 99-100%. I have tried closing several services and closed all apps, but no change.

Reinstalling is my last resort, I would like to see if there is a way around it before doing it. If I find no other solution soon, I may try uninstalling.

Thanks for the advice!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you can, export the changes and send them to someone else or another machine. Try upload them from there before reinstalling.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion, I will borrow a computer and install AE there.