AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Adwords Editor keyword error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm using Adwords Editor 11.5.9. I created a new campaign and several ad groups. I added the keywords in bulk. And when I check for changes, 7 of my keywords get the error: Invalid text. To post the keyword, edit the text. (Example keyword: fotometer hach ​​dr 1900) What does it exactly mean? I tried various match types, added a extra space between the first keyword but it always gives the same error.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angelina T
September 2016

Re: Adwords Editor keyword error

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

You have certain invisible characters (U+200B aka ZERO WIDTH SPACE) embedded in the text of some keywords. The server complains that these characters are invalid.

If there are not too many of them, the easiest way to fix the problem is to select such keyword, completely clear the text and retype it in by hand.

Longer term, you might want to examine the processes you use to generate your keywords in bulk, figure out where the "bad" characters are coming from and fix it so they don't anymore.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angelina T
September 2016

Re: Adwords Editor keyword error

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

You have certain invisible characters (U+200B aka ZERO WIDTH SPACE) embedded in the text of some keywords. The server complains that these characters are invalid.

If there are not too many of them, the easiest way to fix the problem is to select such keyword, completely clear the text and retype it in by hand.

Longer term, you might want to examine the processes you use to generate your keywords in bulk, figure out where the "bad" characters are coming from and fix it so they don't anymore.

Re: Adwords Editor keyword error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that worked. Fortunately there were not too many of them so redid them manually.
I translated in bulk english keywords in google spreadsheet with the googletranslate formula. I copied the translated keywords to a new column, with only the values taken. It seems strange that 90% of the keywords copied fine and the rest didn't. Thanks anyway.