2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Adwords Editor - Account Doesnt Exist Message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im looking to use the Google Adwords Editor. I currently have a Google account where I am using Adwords as a starting point for getting some keywords for my business. My only guess as to why Editor claims my account doesnt exist when I sign in, is that my Adwords account still doesnt have a funding option hooked to it. Maybe Editor requires you to have an existing campaign thats live before it would consider you to "exist" ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor - Account Doesnt Exist Message

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You don't need to create your first campaign, but you do need to proceed far enough in the sign-up process, to the point where you are *offered* to create your first campaign. Until then, your AdWords account is not fully created and won't be visible to Editor.

If I recall correctly, there should be an option to postpone setting up billing and proceed without, if you are not ready for that yet. You should be able to create and build out your campaigns, but of course no ads will actually serve until billing is set up.