AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11 Installation Path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

Hope you can help on this one. I've recently downloaded the latest version of the Google Adwords Editor on my computer. I comply with all the system requirements (Windows 7 version) and so forth.

When installing the Adwords Editor I don't have any issues, but a shortcut hasn't been created to my desktop. Moreover, when trying to find the installation folder, apparently isn't that easy. Browsing on...guess where...Google, I found an answer to it:

The default data location is C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor

However, I still can't find the root file on the AppData. I've also enabled hidden items too. (I I know the program is installed as I've double check on the Control Panel.

Anyone can tell me where can I find the program file?

Thank you in advance = ) 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier V
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Javier,

I just opened up a Windows 7 computer and installed AdWords Editor on it.

If I click on the Windows flag in bottom left corner (Windows Start) and then click on All Programs and then go down to folders... I have Adwords Editor.

If I expand that, I can see the Google AdWords Editor and Uninstall Google AdWords Editor. If I right click on Google AdWords Editor and then left click on Properties and then left click on Open Folder Location... it takes me to the .exe file. If I right click on the .exe file and pick send to desktop... I have a desktop shortcut. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier V
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Javier,

I just opened up a Windows 7 computer and installed AdWords Editor on it.

If I click on the Windows flag in bottom left corner (Windows Start) and then click on All Programs and then go down to folders... I have Adwords Editor.

If I expand that, I can see the Google AdWords Editor and Uninstall Google AdWords Editor. If I right click on Google AdWords Editor and then left click on Properties and then left click on Open Folder Location... it takes me to the .exe file. If I right click on the .exe file and pick send to desktop... I have a desktop shortcut. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much James, you solved my problem. I totally forgot that I can see the programs installed through the Windows Start button. 

Thanks again

Javier

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Javier,

You are very welcome and I hope you have a great week.

Cheers,

James