AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Disapproved for Images with watermarked manufacturer's logo included

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using AdWords in conjunctions with Google Shopping for many years now. My data feed has been totally disapproved due to a small number of products that have watermarked images. The Images in all case include the Manufacturer's Trademark or Logo included with the actual product image. Many if not all of these images are supplied by the Manufacturers to advertise their products. In most case the manufacturers require that we use these images as it provides proof that the product Image is theirs or that the products is not fake or a authentic. So removal of the watermarked images is impossible or not allowed.  I discussed this with Google Merchant support and they referred me to schema.org. Now I can find a Image Schema, but I see no way with that Microcode to make any change that would allow the use of Watermarked Images.  The Use of Watermarked images by manufacturers is pretty typical in our industry. The watermarks are only the Manufacturer's LOGO, not anything else. It seem that these type of watermarks should be allowed or at the very least not disapprove all the products.

Has anyone run into the situation and found a way to get Google AdWords to allow this type of image? perhaps an override in  eh feed specification or the account feed?

Our entire store feed is currently disapproved and we are losing sales as a result.

Steve

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Steve,

it is not allowed to have product images containing promotional text, watermarks, or borders. I don't think that there is a way to make it work with those watermarks.  E-shops usually use watermarked images or images with promotion in it on their website, but they use(they must) simple and clear product images for their shopping feed.

See: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324350

Tomáš

Re: Adwords Disapproved for Images with watermarked manufacturer's logo included

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The images in this instance are supplied by the manufactures and contain the manufacturer's logo. Google is stating that they are considering it as a watermarked image.  I disagree that this is a case of watermarked images. The Manufacturers require the use of their images to insure they are displaying an authorized image and proof that it is their name brand product rather then a fake or reproduction.

As such removal of the logo is not possible as it would violate agreements made with manufacturers.

Is there a way to get a exception for this case from Google to allow the images to be displayed?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I don't think there is much you can do about it. Google's policies are strict. I would try to talk with those manufactures and explained them the situation and ask for permission to clear those images from text for Google Shopping purposes only. That's like the only possibility in this case.