AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Adword Editor synchronizing problem ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually I am working with read access rights so i submit my daily changes to Administrator when i export file and my admin import then instead of my changes appear unrealistic changes appear like i submit negative keywords it shows site links difference or other changes

Even Data Mismatch

What is proper way to deal with this situation or Proper Steps So my Daily Work Synchronize accordingly when my Admin Receive my Export File

Thanks and Awaiting for Reply

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aamir k
October 2015

Re: Adword Editor synchronizing problem ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Aamir,

By the time you Export your file at the "Export" menu, Editor use .CSV as a default extension, but for sharing it's hightly recommended to use .AES files.

When you hit Export > Account, a new window will appear for you to select where do want to save your file. In that window you can chance the file extension from .CSV to .AES.

The draft campaigns Dave have mentioned are amazing. Just be careful with them when using .AES, because I don't think they are exported, as stated is his referred article: "Draft campaigns aren't included when you export your account for sharing".

This may help you share your changes.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aamir
Welcome to the community.
The best way to do this with read only access in my opinion is using draft campaigns.

You can find more detail here : https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/43955?hl=en

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Aamir, how are things?

It would be great to understand how exactly are you providing your modifications for the Admin.

Also, make sure you guys have the same Adwords Editor version.

Give us a step-by-step on how you do.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There Are many Campaigns inside and I have to report daily on and off like negatives , ad groups .. Please Explain

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@leandrofm

I usually start like

1 - Open daily Google Editor

2 - Get Recent Changes (Some times fast or Some times Slow)

3 - After Download Changes then i add negatives , ad groups and land page modifications

4 - After Work completed I click on main Account -> Export and download whole file

5 - Then my Admin will import file to his editor but Unusual changes appear which are different from my changes

Note : Our Editor Versions are same
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aamir k
October 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Aamir,

By the time you Export your file at the "Export" menu, Editor use .CSV as a default extension, but for sharing it's hightly recommended to use .AES files.

When you hit Export > Account, a new window will appear for you to select where do want to save your file. In that window you can chance the file extension from .CSV to .AES.

The draft campaigns Dave have mentioned are amazing. Just be careful with them when using .AES, because I don't think they are exported, as stated is his referred article: "Draft campaigns aren't included when you export your account for sharing".

This may help you share your changes.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
@leandrofm You are correct and I believe that you're right, the export format is what's causing the problem. Aamir, can you check that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks .. .AES works

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

leandrofm wrote:

They are exported. The documentation is wrong, and is in the process of being fixed. The only thing different about draft campaigns is that Post Changes always skips them (which is the point).

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice to hear. Thanks for the update Smiley Very Happy