AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising multiple domain of same business in one account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Can one advertising multiple domain of same business in one account, where as the target market is same. I am new to Google Adwords and not sure what should i do. We have two website with same business and ownership. Some agency is running our campaign for first website but we are willing to run campaign for the second website too for the same keywords that we are targeting for the first campaign. Now i am not sure if it is good or bad as i want to rank ads from both the campaigns.

Please guide me what should i do.  Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chetna,

You are posting a query that is 90% similar to your first one. Please kindly do try to avoid duplication or substantial overlapping in the future.

As you were already told it is not against the rules to create the 2 campaigns as you described them within 1 AdWords account. Simultaneously there isn't much point in that arrangement. Chances are the campaign run by the agency has meanwhile accrued a good amount of performance stats hence will have an "unfair advantage" over the new campaign. 

In the previous thread we were advised you are not going to do it for testing purposes. So what is the purpose of the arrangement? What do you mean by ranking ads from both the campaigns? Are the ad copies going to be different in the 2 campaigns?  -  Btw, whatever it means you'll likely not be able to do that because of the "unfair advantage" of the first campaign as mentioned above.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chetna,

Edit: @Lakatos Kudos!! I posted somewhat similar, just checked. Smiley Tongue

Advertising similar businesses with similar keywords and same geographic targeting from different AdWords accounts is a policy violation. Both the accounts may get suspended.

I recommend you to use the same account and target both the websites from separate campaigns.

Though, ads from both the campaigns will never be triggered at the same time.

In this case, I suggest you to use ad scheduling alternatively for both the campaigns(days of the week).

Else, you can create and test a new campaign(can copy the same) and change the final urls associated with new domain. Then continue with the better performing campaign.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Advertising multiple domain of same business in one account

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Promoting the same or similar products or services to the same targeting audience by the same business entity (using different accounts) is a   violation

The scenario you are describing is a violation

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi again,

*** Abusing the ad network / Unfair advantage / Change your website or app ***

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

"Each website or app that you promote should offer distinct value to users."

You can find the above sentence on the help page above. Promoting two websites with same business and ownership within one account may be okay, however, the values offered to users should be distinctly different. E.g. you may want to offer discounted prices or outlet prices on one of the 2 websites and regular prices on the other one. It is subject to manual evaluation therefore try to stay on the safe side.

Best,

Lakatos