AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Advanced Verification failed in San Diego

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there everyone!

I wish we were in better spirits -- We failed our Advanced Verification.

Here's the quick story:

We're a garage door company that services all major cities in California.  Google asked us to go through the Advanced Verification for our San Diego location, which we happily complied.  

We have:

• Legal Contractor's License
  • REAL address (vs virtual office)
  • LLC filings
  • Signage on Door
  • Verified GMB profile
  • Established social media profiles -- thousands of real reviews -- Yelp, FB, G+, Houzz, etc

During the video verification, we didn't have business cards & the manager performing the walkthrough did not have signage on his truck.  

Could these 2 items be the reason we failed?

Our offices aren't pretty -- We are a service area company -- So, customers do not interact with our business at our office.  It's either a dingy warehouse for parts storage or a tiny suite for minor bookkeeping activities.  

How can I appeal this as we are clearly a real company?

Thank you in advance for any support/advice you can offer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google is very strict when approving a business to promote its services  on AdWords. Google wants to see a real business operation with all the characteristics of a real business entity.

Once you failed, currently you cannot appeal.

Sorry;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you kindly for the quick response!

Few follow up questions:

1.  Based on the information provided, why do you think they failed us?  Surely, it's not due to lack of business cards, right?  

2.  Does Google look at reputation?  We have had some unfavorable stories written about us in the past.

3.  We only submitted Advanced Verification on a single location -- San Diego.  With that, will we have the opportunity to attempt Advanced Verification in our other California markets(Sacramento, Bay Area, Riverside, Orange County, San Jose)?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google has many signals, the verification process is only one of them.

As for other locations: I don't know.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever find out why you failed, where you able to pass?  We are in the same boat, reall bussiness don't know what we did wrong.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same  problem here we failed as well and are as legit as they come. Could it be the communication problems between someone from India? Why is it google will not tell you why you failed? Why is it when appealed no one emails or calls to ask any questions and just denies your appeal without explanation? I am so confused by this. Why would we not be told why we failed? I think it’s legality. I believe there will be a class action suit against them. As of feb 5th I can no longer use adwords. I just did another advanced verification yesterday and we will see if I pass. I showed my shirt, business card, invoice, truck with lettering, my registration in business name, my insurance, my registrar of contractors card, my shop, my office. I am frustrated and confused yet we still have a ton of fake virtual companies with fake addresses, Israeli companies they create websites and sell leads stealing other companies names. Locksmiths love the garage door business for some reason. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.