AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ads not running after I added and removed Remarketing and Demographics, all keywords show the msg "Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed. Ads with age targets cannot be diagnosed."

These all were running earlier, all are approved, have got in touch with Google Help,they said everything is fine ..and that you need to wait , it's been 2 days now.

Ads not running

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Guruprashad S

Do you mean after adding Remarketing audience list to the campaign and excluding Demographic, your ads are not being served ?

If yes, then you don't need to exclude Demographics if you added remarketing list because it targets on the basis of "AND" condition. So if you have excluded all demographics i.e you no longer serving to any age/gender. You may include some demo which you want retarget from the audience list which you added

or let me know if i don't understood your query correctly otherwise

Ads not running

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Taranjeet s Hi, 

I meant adding Remarketing and Demographics and then removing them, ads not running..and I get the msg "Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed. Ads with age targets cannot be diagnosed." for all the keywords.

I have finally added Remarketing and Demographics again .. still adding more list, lets see what it gives me.

But strange is when I contacted Google Help ( 3 times), they said all is fine and that I need to wait wait and wait .. Not sure what went wrong

Ads not running

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok After adding the remarketing and demographics .. it gave the msg "Your ad can't show to users who aren't on the remarketing lists that you've added to this ad group.". 

Which as fixed as per the article's 3rd mistake... as we are used to select the default option ..http://searchengineland.com/10-common-mistakes-setting-audiences-adwords-229858.

So hopefully the ads will run .. but still not clear why they stopped when I removed remarketing and demographics ???