AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ads approved, getting traffic but not what it normally is

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

i've noticed our top keyword (our brandname) is not pulling in the right ammount of traffic.  i know this because there is a big drop off from yesterday.  when i search for our brandname we are only showing occasionally, whcih shouldn't be the case as we have always been position 1.

when i use the ad preview tool the below comes up:

• Your ad can't show because its parameters couldn't be filled in. Make sure to check that you have matching values that fit within character limits.Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: "OUR LOCATION", England, United Kingdom.

The status message for the keyword has this message:

The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. "OUR LOCATION"

Ad showing: NO 

• Your ad can't show because its parameters couldn't be filled in. Make sure to check that you have matching values that fit within character limits.
  • We currently can't determine why your ad isn't showing.

The status message for the ads from this ad group show:  

Reasons

• We currently can't determine why your ad isn't showing.

There have been no major changes to this ad group, no negatives blocking as we are getting traffic, no particular location, device, no dynamic keyword/ad issue etc.

tried to get in touch with account managers but no joy as it is the weekend and awaiting a response from someone on email.  Really need to get this sorted asap, so any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What type of campaign is that?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

search network only - all features.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Test without adding the location name as part of the keyword. This is a redundancy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, sorry i'm not sure what you mean?  there is no location in our brandname :/  i've duplcated the ad group into another camapign and it seems to be working, albeit at 4 times the cpc!  obviously this is not ideal