AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Add account sign-in connection issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

First of all, I am in China where Google is blocked, yet I have an excellent VPN where I can basically choose to use any country's server, so thats not the issue. When I start Adwords Editor 11.1.2 and want to add an account it asks me to add in Editor app or through Chrome. In the Editor app I get the following error message: Unable to load page.  Check your network connection and proxy settings. And in Chrome it sends me to a page where I grant access to Adwords and then it gives me a long code. After pasting that code in the window, nothing happens and after a while it just says Invalid account.

Its super annoying as the Adwords editor is such a great tool,  so I would appreciate any suggestions you might have! Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author panpan z
September 2015

Re: Add account sign-in connection issue

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
First, I'd like to note that I've never heard about Astrill before. All I know about it I've just learned from a short video on their site. If you need further help with it, it would probably be wise to contact Astrill support.

Having said that; apparently, Astrill client has a toggle, at the very top of the window, between OpenWeb and OpenVPN modes. The former only sends browser traffic over VPN, while the latter does that for all applications.

So, try switching that toggle to OpenVPN setting. See if it helps with Editor.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Guys, no solution, tips, advice or suggestions? Smiley Surprised

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
To make this work, did you have to configure a proxy in your browser? Configure the same proxy in Editor, under Settings > HTTP proxy.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @AdWordsEng-Igor, but I dont use a proxy, I use a VPN (Astrill). Never set any proxy in browser or Editor.. so what to do?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author panpan z
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
First, I'd like to note that I've never heard about Astrill before. All I know about it I've just learned from a short video on their site. If you need further help with it, it would probably be wise to contact Astrill support.

Having said that; apparently, Astrill client has a toggle, at the very top of the window, between OpenWeb and OpenVPN modes. The former only sends browser traffic over VPN, while the latter does that for all applications.

So, try switching that toggle to OpenVPN setting. See if it helps with Editor.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Great thanks for checking that, you're a genius. It worked with the OpenVPN setting!