AdWords
1.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Reporting My Conversion Values Wrongly.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords has been reporting all my conversion values ridiculously low. Conversions worth tens of thousands are recorded as low as $1. This has been going on since Last Saturday, still no word from google, no replies from the "experts", nothing. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?
And I have crosschecked to ensure that it is no fault from my end.
I am disappointed that Google Employees have left me in the dark as regards this issue by not providing any feedback.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Dozie, the value of your Google AdWords conversions are set by the owner of the account, or the account manager when the conversion code is created; not by Google.  In your AdWords search or display campaign, go to Tools > Conversions and you can set it up.

Typically this is configured to assign the approximate value of a lead for services, for example an attorney may set the value of a lead at $100. 

In Google Shopping campaigns, you can monitor the actual sale value of a transaction.  But that is a different thing, it sounds like you are running a search or display campaign. 

Let us know if that addresses your question, or if there is something else going on that we might be able to assist you with.  fyi his is a mostly peer-to-peer volunteer AdWords support forum (this is not "Google"; they are reached through other channels) so we do not have access to your account and are not in a position to register complaints directed at them. There are forms for that if you would like to complete one: 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate it.

However, It is an ecommerce site so the conversions do not have a fixed value rather it is dynamically pulled from the site via the pixels placed on thank you page. This has been working fine for ages, but from Saturday they stopped reporting.

Note that no changes has been made to the pixel and I just did a quick check before replying to ensure that everything is well setup as it should be and it is.

I strongly feel this is a product issue from google. Also I have seen their employees reply questions from people hence I assumed they were meant to be here to do that officially. I'm sorry for that.

But please anyone who know what might be wrong or anyone experiencing same thing should let me know.

I have also placed an official complaint to google, they said they will review it within 3 business days.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Things change in Google shopping all the time, but it is the responsibility of the advertiser to keep up with it.  And I'm sure if Google made a change that impacts your Shopping campaign reporting, they will respond. 

In my experience, things change even more in eCommerce platforms, and the "Google Shopping Apps" which are often 3rd party products added onto them. If you are using a mainstream eCommerce platform with a Google shopping extension, that is one of the first places i would look. 

Best of luck!  I'm sure you'll be able to straighten this away.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running search and display campaigns, not shopping ads. My conversion tracking tags are modified to pull the real time conversion value in Naira (Currency). And a similar modification is made to my analytics tag and It is still working fine. I can work with the values from Analytics but I want the AdWords to be fixed so I can work solely on AdWords without having too go back to GA at every instance just to look up the transaction value.

I appreciate your effort to seeing that I get this sorted. I'll probably place a call to them tomorrow. Thanks a lot Steve. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

We had a similar issue a while ago and it was due to the thousands separator we were using. Here in Spain, for example, we use the period . as a thousands separator and the comma , as the decimal. Google was using the US/UK version of , for thousands and . for decimals - so a ten thousand five hundred euro purchase - 10.500 - was being read by Google as 10.5

Could that be what's going on for you?