AdWords
6.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor 11.5..9 - "Invalid. Edit to Post." error, for some adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
I'm getting an error at upload from AdWords Editor 11.5.9, for a few (29) of the hundreds of adgroups I was updating. It says "Invalid. Edit to Post." against these adgroups, with no indication about what is the problem. I've tried changing something small like the bids etc, but it makes no difference. What to do?
Thanks
Sara

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara T
August 2016

Re: AdWords Editor 11.5..9 - "Invalid. Edit to Post." error, for some adgroups

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I misread the evidence. It's not about labels in shared library - it's just that you are trying to remove labels that have already been removed from the ad group, and add labels that have already been added. Someone has beat you to this change, either in the online interface or another copy of Editor.

In any case, the solution is the same - perform Get Recent Changes so you have a fresh up-to-date view of the account.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You are trying to remove some labels from those ad groups, but the label in question has already been deleted from shared library (perhaps via the online interface, so Editor doesn't know about it). Get Recent Changes should help.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara T
August 2016

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I misread the evidence. It's not about labels in shared library - it's just that you are trying to remove labels that have already been removed from the ad group, and add labels that have already been added. Someone has beat you to this change, either in the online interface or another copy of Editor.

In any case, the solution is the same - perform Get Recent Changes so you have a fresh up-to-date view of the account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Nope, I have now done Get Recent Changes several times, closed down the
Editor, opened again, Get Recent Changes again but still the "Invalid. Edit
to post."-error... Any more ideas?

Thanks

Sara

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Ah. What happens is, the error indicator (the red exclamation point) is not automatically removed. And as long as the item is marked with an error, it's skipped during upload. So you aren't actually posting anything.

Select these ad groups, change any field, then change it right back (e.g. change the status to Paused and back to Enabled). This would clear the error indicator. Then try uploading again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
great, thanks, that finally worked! :-)

/Sara

AdWords Editor 11.5..9 - &quot;Invalid. Edit to Post.&quot; error, for some adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Igor,

I'm happy to hear the fix worked for Sara but it didn't work for me.  The error disappears when I edit the text of each text ad with an error - so they look like they're fine again.  But then when I click the "Post" button to post them all to the website, all error return.  I get this "Invalid. Edit to post." error on every text ad that I try to change in any way.  I'm worried I'll lost my AdWords for Nonprofits if I don't post an update successfully soon!

Thanks for your help,

Christi

AdWords Editor 11.5..9 - &quot;Invalid. Edit to Post.&quot; error, for some adgroups

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

As of January 31, "standard" text ads can no longer be created or edited:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7048854

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!  I use Adwords Editor on my desktop so I found and followed these directions which were similar to what you recommended:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/7023600?hl=en

However when I try to upload, I get an error saying:

"A required account column is missing"

See screenshot:

https://www.screencast.com/t/UaQbcsF0MRwg

When I click "Finish and review changes" I don't see any changes.  I'm thinking this is because of the column being missing.  I exported the text ads with "Export as expanded text ads" and filled in the 2nd headline for all.  I'm not sure what the problem could still be?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For those who run into this problem, I found a solution - although I may have ended up with more ads than I meant to (30 text ads because 200+ expanded text ads!) but I'm happy to have no errors at least.  I imported by copying the fields in the excel (that I'd downloaded and updated) and pasted them into the "Make Multiple Changes" option in the "Expanded Text Ads" section.  See screenshot below.

https://www.screencast.com/t/zvV0td0iUU1g

Please do advise if this wasn't the way to do it AdWordsEng-Igor. Thanks!