AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Dissaproved "Style and Spelling"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my ads were dissaproved due to "Style and Spelling", yet I have looked over AdWords rules and I am unsure what I am doing wrong. The title of my Ads is in a foreign language as these Ads are placed on foreign websites, but my target audience is still only the United States. I also have included a phone number on the AdWords ad, yet I don't see anywhere that phone numbers are not allowed. 

So what part of my Ad did Google dissaprove? The foreign language part or the phone number part? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Enver S
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can't include a phone number in the ad text (headline, description, URL). You used to be able to but almost four years ago it was changed. If you want your phone number to be included somewhere in your ad you would need to use either a call or location extension.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's hard to say without seeing the ad, but note that adding a phone number within the ad text is not allowed.

Phone number can only be added using call extensions or location extensions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Enver S
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can't include a phone number in the ad text (headline, description, URL). You used to be able to but almost four years ago it was changed. If you want your phone number to be included somewhere in your ad you would need to use either a call or location extension.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for the replies. How do I add a call extension to the Ad, and I think I saw that it was only for mobile Ads somewhere. Is this true? If it's true, is there any way you are allowed to add phone numbers to desktop ads? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Using phone extensions. When shown on the desktops - the number will be shown

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’