AdWords
1.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Charge

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just charged on my American Express account for Adwords.  I have never signed up for this and when I log into my account, it says I am not signed up for this service.

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Charge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi please refer to this page for unauthorized charges

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472641?hl=en

If you've been charged by AdWords and you're using American Express to pay, you might see any of the following on your statement:

GOOGLE LTD. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
GOOGLE INC. CC@GOOGLE.COM ADWORDS ADVERTISING
GOOGLE*SVCS[10-digit AdWords Customer ID]
GOOGLE*ADWS[10-digit AdWords Customer ID]
If you notice more than one customer ID on your statement, it might mean that you have more than one AdWords account associated with that payment method.

It would also be better for you to contact your bank to prevent anyone from having your card details and using them

AdWords Charge

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you don't have an AdWords account but see charges on your bank account or credit card statement for Google AdWords, please review the following steps.

1) Make sure the charges are actually for AdWords. You can see examples of what AdWords charges look like here.

2) See if you can access the AdWords account. Check with family, colleagues, or friends who might've created the account for you. If that's the case, take the account details from them to control the account. If you don't have the account information, please fill out the following form: I lost my login information.

3)If you've confirmed that nobody you know created an AdWords account for you, please contact us immediately. Be sure to include a screenshot or a scanned copy of your bank or credit card statement to help us investigate the charges.

Here are some tips to keep in mind:

-Include a date, amount, source, and destination of the payment.

-The file itself should be unchanged and uneditable.

-The file should be in .jpg, .gif, .png, .pdf, or .tiff format.

Best,

Tina