AdWords
4.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Campaigns, Ad Groups, Keywords, and Ad Content Showing as (not set) in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As of today I've started noticing that the majority of Campaigns, keywords, ad groups, content show as (not set) in my Google Analytics account which is properly linked to my AdWords account. This AdWords account is a AdGrant account, but I don't see why this would affect my ability to view keywords in GA - as I have not encountered this issue until today.

I've viewed Google's article on Missing Data in AdWords Campaigns Reports which I've seen linked to before, but it is not of much help as I believe I've done everything necessary here for auto-tagging. My theory is that cost data is not being applied, despite having everything linked properly. 

The clicks, cost, and CPC in GA all match what my AdWords dashboard reads, but most sessions and session data are attributed to the (not set) campaign within Google Analytics.

Any insight into what could be causing this and what I could to to fix? Thanks.

Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Campaigns, Ad Groups, Keywords, and Ad Content Showing as (not set) in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Seeing the same problem. Since Monday, our "not set" sessions for Google PPC has been growing.

Re: AdWords Campaigns, Ad Groups, Keywords, and Ad Content Showing as (not set) in Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Patrick T

The clicks, cost, and CPC data in GA will match your Adwords data, because that is where it is being imported from.

This is something you just noticed today, as in the data populates for yesterday?  If so, there could be just more lag than usual, and it will eventually populate.  Another thing to consider are any changes to the website that involves redirects. For example www to non-www, or changing the subpage architecture. This can potentially cause the gclid info to be dropped before Analytics gets a chance to read it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Ronnie G

Glad I'm not alone in experiencing this.

@David K

Thanks for the response. This is something I'm actually noticing for today and yesterday. If lag time is the reason, that makes sense.

As for the gclid info, I've tested this out through the following:
1. Clicked on an ad and confirmed glcid info was in url upon entering landing page.
2. Entered the web url of the campaign's landing pages and added ?gclid=TeSter-123 and examined in Chrome Developer tools. Status code is 200 and Request URL includes ?gclid=TeSter-123. I've sourced from this google article on auto-tagging.

Am I testing properly to confirm all is properly set up? Anything else I could do to test redirects and changes in sub page architecture? I am on this site frequently and am usually made aware of such changes quickly.

Patrick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Seeing the same problem, started Monday. On Monday, 27% of our sessions were (not set), Tuesday was 10%, and today it's currently at 37%.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
same problem here, since yesterday adwords data showed as not set on GA. Account linking looks good and tracking installed properly. what's wrong with google..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Having this same problem. Hoping it's fixed soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Not seeing any not set today, but there is a limited amount of traffic thus far.

Patrick