AdWords
4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad showing twice for same keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search one of my keywords, it's showing me in the 1st place spot, and then at the bottom in the 5th spot with the same ad just without sitelinks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Travis, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

To ensure the best possible user experience, AdWords won't show multiple ads leading to identical or similar landing pages at the same time. This is true even if the pages have different domains.

In the case that multiple ads with similar or identical landing pages are eligible to show for a certain search query, AdWords will show the ad with the highest Ad Rank.

If you are seeing multiple ads running with the same domain, it is possible that there may be multiple accounts advertising the site. I recommend submitting this feedback form and/or contacting our support to ensure that only one account is advertising your site. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a violation of the "gain unfair advantage " section of the Policy;

Promoting the same or similar products to the same targeting audience by the same business entity - in not allowed, and the advertiser should be reported.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is second time recently that someone has reported this here. I'm thinking it is a test being run by Google. 

Travis will know if he is running ads in more than one account...