AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad position is good but still show low adrank, quality score is 6/10

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In my campaign the ad position is good like 1,2,3 most of the ad position is 1.1 , 1.2 approx but after all that still it shows that your ads are not getting impression due to low adrank, but we are getting good number of impression..and quality score of all keywords is approx 6 some of the keywords has low quality score. What should i do to improve adrank now as of my ads and keywords and landing page all are according to the criteria.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prerna S
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Prerna,

Ad rank is a score based on your bid, auction-time measurements of expected CTR, ad relevance, landing page experience, and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats.

To improve it, only the QS is not enough.

You need to work on bids and ad extensions also.

Though your ads are positioned at top positions during off-peak hours of the day but you may be loosing the impressions during the peak hours due to low ad rank when the number of competitors are more or they might using bid adjustments.

I recommend you to add the below mentioned metrics and analyse.

Search Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Search Lost IS (rank): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to poor Ad Rank in the auction. Note: Lost IS (rank) won't be shown on your Ad groups tab if you ran out of budget at any point during the date range being examined.

To check whether your ads are triggering or not, use the Ad preview and diagnosis tool.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prerna S
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Prerna,

Ad rank is a score based on your bid, auction-time measurements of expected CTR, ad relevance, landing page experience, and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats.

To improve it, only the QS is not enough.

You need to work on bids and ad extensions also.

Though your ads are positioned at top positions during off-peak hours of the day but you may be loosing the impressions during the peak hours due to low ad rank when the number of competitors are more or they might using bid adjustments.

I recommend you to add the below mentioned metrics and analyse.

Search Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Search Lost IS (rank): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to poor Ad Rank in the auction. Note: Lost IS (rank) won't be shown on your Ad groups tab if you ran out of budget at any point during the date range being examined.

To check whether your ads are triggering or not, use the Ad preview and diagnosis tool.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’