AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not triggering, aware of QS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an issue with an ad, I have increased max bid to 5 euro which should be quite high for the specific terms chosen.

The terms chosen are very specific and would only return on my own product/brand name.

Now do I understand the quality score system, except this would optimize related words and not the words I want the add to be triggered on? I am only interested in directing visitors to the correct site instead of finding any website with my brand name in it.

How can this be done?
Thanks!
Guillaume

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad not triggering, aware of QS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @GP F if the terms you're using are very specific, especially if you're targeting a small geographical region, it could simply be that no one is searching for those terms.  What match type are you using for your Keywords (I presume you're running a Search Campaign)?

Quality Score is primarily about calculating your position within an auction.  It doesn't influence the actual match of a search term to a Keyword, only the position of your Ad after the Keyword has been matched.  Does this answer your question?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits