AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not shown because of similar keywords in other ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am receiving the following message in one of my second ad group.

"Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords"

Although all my keywords consist of unique phrases and I enclosed those phrases in square brackets (exact match), which is supposed to assign those phrases a fix order/sequence of keywords, yet I am getting the same message: Here's an example of my keywords:

AD GROUP 1:

[EPC]
[EPC UK]
[EPC Report]
[EPC Provider]
[EPC Report]
[EPC Certificate]
[Energy Performance Certificate]
[Energy Performance Certificate UK]

AD GROUP 2:

[Domestic EPC]
[Domestic Energy Performance Certificate]
[Residential EPC]
[Residential Energy Performance Certificate]

All keywords in Ad Group 2 are displaying the above message. Am I missing something here??? Wasn't the exact match feature supposed to turn them into unique phrases??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Ad not shown because of similar keywords in other ad

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Syed,

Do you have any other campaigns or Ad groups in Phrase or Broad match or broad match modifiers that Have the word EPC?
From the account level, click on the Keywords Tab and search for EPC to see if that word term is used in any other campaigns of groups. If so then you should increase the Bids on your exact match higher then the other match types.

More then Likely:
Did you just create the ad groups with these keyword and checked within minutes of creating them? ( sometimes the system needs a few minutes to adjust) Try the ad preview again.

Are you bidding more on the exact match types they any other more broad terms?

Wasn't the exact match feature supposed to turn them into unique phrases?? - yes they are unique phrases and will only be severed with the exact match terms

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Ad not shown because of similar keywords in other ad

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Syed,

Do you have any other campaigns or Ad groups in Phrase or Broad match or broad match modifiers that Have the word EPC?
From the account level, click on the Keywords Tab and search for EPC to see if that word term is used in any other campaigns of groups. If so then you should increase the Bids on your exact match higher then the other match types.

More then Likely:
Did you just create the ad groups with these keyword and checked within minutes of creating them? ( sometimes the system needs a few minutes to adjust) Try the ad preview again.

Are you bidding more on the exact match types they any other more broad terms?

Wasn't the exact match feature supposed to turn them into unique phrases?? - yes they are unique phrases and will only be severed with the exact match terms