AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing because ad already showing for a keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I am setting up an AdWords campaign. When I go to tools>ad preview and diagnostics and enter my search term I get the following error: 'No your ad is not showing. One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword'. I have no other ads enabled. I removed all past ads in case there was some kind of conflict but the error remains.

None of my keywords match this keyword as far as the location is concerned, but they do all say 'plumber' eg: +plumber +darwin, then +plumber +Sydney etc

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

P.S: The keywords I am targeting are location based. I had a conversation with someone from Google recently who told me I should enter my keywords like this: +word one +word two +word three etc. This is the first time I have used this method (plus sign), and I wonder if it may be causing the error. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad not showing because ad already showing for a keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm in the same situation

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This message means that another keywords is triggering the ad. Use the Search Terms Report to help you find which keyword is that
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@louise j are you using [exact keyword] in your search query or broad match keyword. If you are using exact match then I think your listed error never be shown to you but in the case of broad match search query you may see such type of errors message.