AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Ad delivery stopped when remarketing campaign started

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if they are related, but I have two campaigns. One was running just fine, I was getting about 10 to 20 clicks per day. I added a remarketing campaign for those visitors, and now I am getting 1 click per day on those remarketing ads. But the original keyword ads have come to a dead stop. I am getting 0 impressions. Nothing has changed on the keyword ads - not the budget, not the ads, not the keywords - nothing!

 

I tried pausing the remarketing ads to see if the others come back, but I'm not sure how long that will take to see. Is there anything else that could be wrong?

 

The campaign says eligible, most of the keywords say eligible, and all of the active ads say approved.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad delivery stopped when remarketing campaign started

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Daniel B

 

Adding a remarketing campaign will not have a direct effect on an existing search campaign. Are you sure you didn't make any setting changes to the search campaign?  Perhaps you are post pay and your funds have been depleted, or there is some other billing related issue?  If not, what are your Impression Share reports saying?  Have you tried to trigger your ads with the preview tool?  http://www.google.com/adpreview

Ad delivery stopped when remarketing campaign started

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

 

Thanks for responding. I did figure it out. It's a bug if you ask me, but I'm sure others will call it a feature.

 

When I created the audience for the remarketing account, it was applied to both the new remarketing campaign and the existing search network campaign. I might have checked something that caused this. But because of this, search network ads were only displayed to the people in the audience, which was only a few hundred people.

 

Here's the tricky part. Because it was a simple search network campaign without other options enabled, there was no way to turn off - or even SEE the audience on the campaign. So first I had to enable additional options, then I had to remove the audience from that campaign.

 

Took me about an hour chatting with support to figure that out :/